History of Sugarcane
The cultivation of sugarcane is an age old practic and it originated in papua,New Guinea 10,000 years back. After that it started being cultivated in many countries,predominantly in India,including Asia and America .The moors picked up the trade secret of processing sugar from sugarcane by making sugarcane juice,from Indians, Sugar production thus started being done in Spain and other countries in Europe. Different countries started producing sugar in different forms ,color and granules as well as in terms of molasses content. Today, with the focus coming back on natural and unrefined forms of sugar, sugarcane juice is being highlighted more then the processed sugar.
- Scientific name – Saccharum Officinarum.
- family – Poaceae
- Origin -Papua New Guinea
Sugarcane juice is a mix of Sucrose, Fructose, and many other Glucose varienties,Hence ,it is sweet to taste.
An 8-ounce serving of sugarcane juice without any additives carries a total of 180 calories,which is quite low.
Benefits of sugarcane juice
- Aids Liver Functioning Treats Diseases Like Jaundice
- Strengthens Body Organs Like Kidneys & Combats Cancer
- Facilitates Development Of Bones And Teeth
- Acts As A Digestive Tonic & Treats Lower Acidity
- Prevents Bad Breath And Tooth Decay
- Cures Febrile Disorders & Replenish Loss Of Protein
- It’s a natural sugar, Diabetic People Can Drink Too
- Reduces Fever & Treats Sore Throat
- Prevent Kidney Stones
- Boosts Immunity, Heals Wounds & Prevtmis DNA Damage
- Aids Weight Management & Increases Muscle Power
- Eliminates Toxins From Our Body
- Beneficial In Treating Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Cures Acne, Protects Skin From Aging & Good For Nail Health
Conclusion for benefits of sugarcane juice for health life
So now you know why sugar cane juice is so popular during the hot summer months in India. Every time you feel like you need to replenish your body and re-hydrate during the summers, grab that glass of chilled sugar cane juice and enjoy its benefits!