How to do Pullups For Beginners !
The pullup is one of the most important exercises that a newcomer to fitness can do, but its also the most difficult and many of you cant do a single pullup. Before Your Start If you are Unable to go Even a 1 or 2 pullups it means That your BODY FAT persentage is High , so you have loss some fat and Weight. Losing fat is done by Consuming 90% nutrition and 10% cardio.
In this Blog We will guide you 2 main pullups exercise for beginners namely :
- Dead hang exercise
- Walk the Plank
1. “Dead hang” exercise
A “set” of dead hang “reps” just means hanging from the bar for 20-30 seconds or as long as you can. So with dead hangs your lat workout might be to do 10 sets of dead hang, each for 30 seconds. “Dead hang” is also a bad name because the word “hang” indicates being relaxed but you are anything BUT relaxed with the dead hang. You do NOT relax and let your weight attempt to pull your shoulders out of their sockets, you resist! You want to keep the shoulders in the packed position, that is, with the shoulders down and the chest thrust outward.
How to do the dead hang:
- Use a chair o under your pullup bar so that you can just reach the bar with a wide grip.
- Put your shoulders in the packed position and hold it there for the entire ‘set’.
- Grab the bar with your palms facing away from you.
- With your feet still on the chair/stool, start the first 1 of the pullup making sure your elbows move outward to the side parallel to the pullup bar rather than forward
- Now keep your upper body motionless in this position as you bend your knees until your feet are not on the chair/stool any longer
- HOLD this, hold, hold, hold. Fight it. Keep the shoulders in the packed position. If you find your shoulders up beside your ears that means you are not yet strong enough to do the dead hang. In that case assist with your feet for the duration of the set.
This ” Dead Hang ” Exercise will Help beginner to strengthen you shoulder,lats,arms to train you in pullups.
2. ” Walk the Plank “
The first exercise you will do to build up your pullup strength is an exercise I have named “Walk the Plank”. This is name so because we hold tight a pullup bar and climb though the chair and hold the bar and come down slowly in standing plank position.
How to do Walking the plank :
1. Put a chair under your pullup bar that’s tall enough so it puts your eyes at bar level, as shown in the picture below.
2. Grab the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing you) shoulder width apart.
3. Tense your muscles and step off the chair (walk the plank!).
4. Lower yourself as slowly as you can. If you find yourself plummeting like a rock then you are not yet strong enough to do walk the planks so start with “dead hangs”.
5. Step back up onto the chair and do it again, repeat a total of 8 times.